What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or social media pages?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you on the basis of “legitimate interest” under the European General Data Protection Act (GDPR). When you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features we use the information in the following ways:
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your membership or other products and services. This might include emails to tell you about timetable changes, membership changes and our occasional newsletters.
• To follow up with correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
We share parts of the personal data that we collect and maintain for the following purposes and with the organizations whose services we use to run our gym:
(1) Facilitating transactions and communications between you and us regarding your usage of the services we offer (GoTeamup for membership account management and booking classes, Stripe and GoCardless for financial transaction processing).
(2) Enabling you to use our computerized booking system to make class bookings (GoTeamup)
(3) Sharing with Beyond the Whiteboard to facilitate your use of the Beyond the Whiteboard athlete performance tracking app.
(4) Communicating with you periodically on what’s happening at the Box, including occasional marketing of new classes, memberships or events – this is typically done using the Mailchimp service.
NewWave maintains contracts with each of these vendors which provide for the implementation by each of these of appropriate technical and organisational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of GDPR.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process memberships and bookings and to send information and updates pertaining to memberships and class bookings.
• Process store orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred. Note that any general mailing to our client base will always contain an “opt out” option for those not longer wishing to be contacted in this way.
Where is your information stored?
To the extent that your data is stored by one of our service providers such storage is on servers located in the United States of America. To the extent that your data is stored by NewWave outside of any system provided by one of the above mentioned service providers your data is stored in the United Kingdom.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
You right to be forgotten
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, or is you wish to have your data deleted from our system you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence and delete the data we have collected from you.
Website Conditions of Use
Visitors to our Web site are required to accept the following terms and conditions in return for the information given about us, our business and the services we provide through our Web site.
1. We use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on our web pages. The information on these web pages has been prepared with reasonable care and is believed by us to be legal, honest and truthful as of the date of its preparation. Information is for guidance only and is not intended to form any part of a contract and can be subject to change without notice. We shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages or any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
2. You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of our web pages is obtained entirely at your own risk.
3. Except where expressly stated to the contrary the text and graphics in the information contained in this Web site is the copyright of NewWave CrossFit. You may download or print out individual selections of these web pages only if explicitly used for your own personal information and not to be publicly reproduced.
4. The entire contents of these web pages remains our property and is copyright with all rights reserved.
5. In relation to a dispute arising out of this Web site you the user and we, NewWave CrossFit agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.